Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 10:40
    Anthony Candaele

how to hook into Umbraco Publish Event

Hi,

For my project, I need to hook into the Publish event when publishing a document node:

The job nodes in the above screenshot are entered by members. They are not published immidiately, this is only allowed by the site administrator. When the site administrator publishes a job, the site member that entered the job node should be sent an email that his job has been published.

So for this scenario I guess I should hook into Umbraco Publish event.

I have never done this I am looking for some assistance (documentation, sample code, ...)

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 10:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

You can see a full overview of the different events in Umbraco here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/using-applicationbase-to-register-events/overview-of-all-events

And there are some samples on how to hook into the events here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/using-applicationbase-to-register-events/event-examples - I think the auto expire news sample might be just what you're looking for? :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 05, 2012 @ 11:21
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

Thanks, this looks like just what I need. Just one question, do I have to add the event handler (for sending email when a job node gets published) as a .cs file  in my web application project where my other user controls (.ascx) reside?

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

Feb 05, 2012 @ 11:58
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

Found it, created a new class in my web application project that inherits from umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationBase

I use the Document.AfterPublish() event

Everytime a job node gets published an automatic email is sent to the member who added the job.

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Ken Schnell 35 posts 147 karma points
    Aug 05, 2020 @ 18:49
    Ken Schnell

For those looking for Version > 8 information you might want to visit

Subscribing to Events

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft