Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
In all sections the top node (Content, Settings etc) appears but NOTHING ELSE!
This is a 4.0.3 version of some size, it's been functioning well for a couple of years. (asp.net 2.0 on a windows 2008 server)
I was asked to make an ajax type popup and did a few simple changes: put ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll into bin and referenced it in the main template. Unfortunately I didn't create a staging site to test this out, as I thought it was such a small and superficial change.
At first all seemed to work fine, but then the treeviews startet to disappear. Of course I removed the offending files and code.
I've been looking around the forum for tips and have tried this:
stopping and starting site in IIS
refreshing the app pool AND the permission settings bat file.
deleting index files in data/dont-delete... AND reindexing
republishing entire site by the famous yoursite/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true
to no avail!
What else can I do???
I think this is because there is a conflict between the ajaxToolkit used by the Umbraco back-end, and the one you used for your popup. You can get a "renamed" version of the ajax toolkit here: our.umbraco.org/.../ajaxcontroltoolkit-v3x-for-umbraco
If you use that reference in your code to create your popup, normally everything should work fine again (or, alternatively, you have to use the same dll as Umbraco in your Visual Studio solution).
Hope this helps.
Hi Michael, I saw the described method for ajax control toolkit in wiki a bit too late.
As I said, I've removed the dll and all references to it. This I did directly on the server, since I couldn't reach any content through umbraco itself. I edited in the master template file via notepad on server, removing all references. After that I recycled the app pool. It didn't help.
All section trees are empty and the menu on on right mouse button does not load. I'm unable to do anything in Umbraco now.
Most content displays as normal on the web site, except for some special pages that crashes because of the recent "Register assemby ajaxcontrol toolkit..." line.
What would you advice me to do?
I don't have access to an Umbraco installation right now so I cannot check to be sure, but my guess is that you should at least put back the previous version of the toolkit, the one that Umbraco uses. Because if you have removed all ajaxtoolkit dll and references, then the Umbraco backend cannot find it either and probably cannot rendre properly, causing your problems.
My suggestion to you is to first put back the original ajaxtoolkit dll used by Umbraco, prior to you update. Then the Umbraco backend should work properly again. When that's the case, you can then try to introduce the ajaxtoolkit35.dll and reference that one from your Visual Studio. Everything should then work properly.
Good thinking, Michael,
I didn't realize I could overwrite Umbracos own ajaxcontroltoolkit as I sadly didn't check to see if it was there. Feeling really really dumb now.
Will try to upload original dll shortly
Don't worry Siw, I know it because I ran into the exact same thing a while ago :-) :-)
Well, case solved.
Thanks again Michael!
You're welcome :-)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted