Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 17:25
    jigar

how can i add styles in style sheet drop down of WYSWING Editor?

how can i add styles in style sheet drop down of WYSWING Editor?

I am having CSS with more than 4000 Line of code.and i want them to be added in CSS drop down.

I have seen this link http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/package-actions/community-made-package-actions/set-a-css-style-for-the-richtext-editor

but not able to understand the same.

Please help me in the same.

Regards

Jigar

• Heather Floyd 605 posts 1004 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 17:57
    Heather Floyd

Hi Jigar,

What I would reccommend is this set of steps:

1. One the Settings Tab, under "Stylesheets", create a style sheet to hold the styles you want available in the WYSIWYG RT editor "styles" menu. Let's call it "Text Styles".

2. Paste all the style code for those styles in this sheet, to keep them all in one place.

3. Update your "Templates" to add a reference to this new stylesheet in the HEAD sections.

4. On the Developer Tab, locate the "Richtext editor" under "Data Types". Where it says "Related stylesheets:", chedck the box next to "Text Styles"

Next, follow these steps to create the drop-down entry for each of the styles you want to be available for your editors to select:

1. Right-click on the "Text Styles" sheet and click "Create".

2. Type the name you want displayed to users in the drop-down (example: "Subheading"), click the Create button.

3. For "Alias" type in the name of the style as it appears in your CSS (example: "h2" or ".subheading).

4. For "Styles:" put in the CSS code to change the display of that text as it will appear to the editor in the WYSIWYG RTE. example:
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 110%;

5. Save the new style.

Repeat these steps for each of the styles you want in the drop-down.

~Heather

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 18:08
    dandrayne

I should add that it will get very cumbersome with using all the css declarations from a 4000 line css within the wysiwyg editor - you may want to limit it to headers, paragraphs and a few special styles.

Give too much control to content contributors and you'll have marquee and blink tags everywhere in no time ;-)

Dan

• Heather Floyd 605 posts 1004 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 18:19
  • jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 18:52
    jigar

Hi Heather Thansk for you helps...Could you please post the above link in single line?

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 10:54
  • MK-Ultra 12 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 12:28
    MK-Ultra

Hi - thanks for the tutorial, however I seem to be having a couple of issues here and there...

Does this mean that Ishould entries for the styles in two places, i.e. if I am trying to add the following:

h1{

font-size: 0.875em;
        font-weight: bold; 

}

I need to add it to both the 'Text Styles' stylesheet and the 'h1' stylesheet I create under the main Text Styles stylesheet?

;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft