Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 21:43
    Scott Blomfield

Content Node Disappeared

We have just noticed a node with over 200 children has disappeared from Umbraco. We are using Umbraco 4.0, asp.net 3.5 on Windows Server 2003 - It is not in the database, it is not in the umbraco.config xml file, it is not in the admin, nor are the pages visible any more. For all purposes, this node has vanished entirely. The only pertinent event before hand is that our database server ran out of space, and we had to take it offline to add another disk.

Has anyone seen this happen before? I realize that the problem here is very vague... Right now my only option appears to be restore a backup that (thankfully) was taken a few hours previous - this is a multi-hour operation though, and if anyone has some quick thoughts I would appreciate it in the mean time.

Audit logs, additional cached info to look for ... anything that you think might be a way for me to find our missing content.

I appreciate your thoughts!

Scott

• SaphuA 124 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 21:52
    SaphuA

There is a log table, did you check that out?

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 21:59
    Scott Blomfield

Our backup restored much quicker than expected, but I kept a copy of the old database on a virtual disk. I am currently getting access to that database to look at the umbracoLog table - thanks for the idea.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft