Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kims 25 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 05:41
    Kims

Interface disconnected from published pages in Umbraco Client

Hi, just wondering if i could get some advice on this, to figure out why/how this ocurred...

A couple of days ago, our Infrastructure's SAN (Storage) System failed and rebooted itself. Everything connected to it for spacfe lost its hard drives. On this SAN are the web server and DB behind my instance of Umbraco. We managed to restart the service in IIS and recover the DB but all that we could see (when the site url is entered) after this was done was the Umbraco "No Nodes" splash page, which says something like: "Looks like there's still work to do. You're seeing the wonderful image above because your website doesn't contain any published content yet". When the site is previewed in IIS this page is all we can see was well.

While this screen is up, I can still access the CMS, all the pages are published so I don't understand why it suddenly couldnt talk to each other, as if it lost the connection. So to rectify this i republished some nodes and the site came back to life...

Has anyone experienced this error? I'm keen to find out what i can do to prevent having to do a republish in future... I dont know enough about Umbraco to work it out...

What we're running: Umbraco 3, Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard, IIS 6, SQL Server 2000, asp.net 2.0.50.727.

Any help would be very very much appreciated!!!

Thanks, Kim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft