Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Vines 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 23, 2012 @ 04:34
    Matthew Vines

Issues with .net usercontrol macro. html rendered, but nothing on the screen.

I have created a usercontrol and copied the ascx and dll to my umbraco installation.  Created a macro, the control has no public properties, so nothing there.  I set the macro to be usable in the editor.  I created a new page and in the RTE just added 1 macro that is my usercontrol. 

When I save this new page, and view it on the site.  Nothing is rendered for my macro.  No errors.  However, when I view source, the complete html of the macro was sent to the client.

What is happening in this scenario?  It appears my macro is wired up correctly, but for some reason it just doesn't show up on the screen.  I am using an updatepanel in the usercontrol.  I have a form tag and scriptmanager in my template master page.  Which when missing do throw errors. 

I am running umbraco 4.5.1.  I used a website project to build my usercontrol.  And I have successfully used another .net usercontrol macro in the RTE on other pages on the site. using the same template and document type that I am using here.

I am continuing to look for the issue, but a preview of the page can be seen here
    http://www.stroebelelandscape.com/1249.aspx

Thanks for your time, I'm at a loss.

Mar 23, 2012 @ 04:44
    Matthew Vines

Additional info:  Same thing happens when I add the Macro to a template and set up a page that way.

Mar 24, 2012 @ 20:57
    Matthew Vines

Well, I feel silly, this was a css issue.  I thought I had ruled that out, but I was wrong.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft