Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Lau 37 posts 58 karma points
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 04:43
    James Lau

Umbraco5 Content node for 'internal' use only

I want to create a content node to let editor input some infomation like copyright, site name etc. and retrieve by macro, partial later, but not allow to access by any URL directly. How can I do it?

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:55
    Grant Thomas

This might not be what you want to hear, but...

In projects I mostly always have a 'Home' Document Type; since all site sections will go underneath this section, I give this type a 'Site' tab; on this tab I specify the kinds of 'global' properties you mention. 

This means that the properties are in an expected place (always at the 'root' of the site) and are readily accessible via direct loading of the node, or recursive property searching. This does mean, however, that the editor does have access to the content tree, and hence, can click the link to the home page (but I'm certain they could find that anyway, right?) But it doesn't give a new node with associated content and URL for the sake of these properties.

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:49
    Mike Chambers

There used to be http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/attackmonkey-tab-hider for umbraco 4.5+ to set permissions on tabs, not sure if that's made it anywhere near umbraco5 as yet...

As  work around if you do end up with a content node and hence a url, I presume it's still there in U5, you could always use the urlrewriting engine to dissallow access to your physical url?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft