Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 21:06
    Matt Taylor

Macro parameters - Multi-node Tree Picker

When you configure the parameters for a macro, the 'Type' dropdown list seems to be fixed.

Is there an easy way I can add the uComponents Multi-node Tree Picker control to the available options?

Regards,

Matt

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 21:12
    Dan

It is possible to create custom macro parameter types, but I think (not actually done it!) that if you set the multi-node-tree-picker to save data in CSV format (as opposed to XML) then this can be passed into a macro as a standard text parameter type.  Of course that makes your XSLT a bit more difficult, but I think these are the only ways to do this.

Hope this helps to point you in a useful direction anyhow...

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 21:20
    Matt Taylor

Hi Dan,

Yes I've used the contents of an MNTP in CSV format before in a macro however I'm looking for something that will render in the parameters pop-up box when you add a macro to a TinyMCE content area.

I'm trying to avoid creating my own custom macro parameter type, so wondered if there was a way to get an existing datatype to work?

Regards,

Matt

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 21:53
    Murray Roke

Hi,
    I'm also looking for this 3 years later. (As @Matt says, it must work as an input parameter for a macro inserted into an RTE)

I believe there are solutions for umbraco 7, but my solution is umbraco 6, perhaps the easiest option is to upgrade, but it's a big jump from 6 to 7.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft