Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Jul 20, 2009 @ 15:37
    SiKo279

User/Content Channel, wrong document type properties

Maybe I'm missing something, but the wrong document type properties show up, when selecting the fields for the channel.

I have the faq module installed and although I set the document type to my news item document type, still the bodyText (Answer) of the default doc type are showed!

First I thought it had to do with using a master doc type, but since I started over without one, it apparantly is not related to that....

How do I make sure the right properties of the right doc type are chosen in the content channel?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jul 20, 2009 @ 16:09
    Douglas Robar

In the user section of umbraco, select the user you want. Then click the Content Channel tab.

You not only select the Document type, but also the Description Field. Select Answer for the description field.

Remember that the content channel is for people who are answering questions, not creating them. At least that's how it's done in the level 1 course.

cheers,
    doug.

Jul 21, 2009 @ 10:40
    SiKo279

Thanks Doug, but I didn't make myself entirely clear.

I want to set up a content channel for the news section we created. (Watching umbraco.tv :))

So, I select the NewsItem document type, but still the faq properties show up...

This is a bug, and is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Jul 21, 2009 @ 11:45
    SiKo279

Actually, setting the Document Type in the Content Channel to my NewsItem doc type, and save this change ... does NOT save this change. After I visit this page again, the doc type has been reset to faqs ... :(

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 11:55
    Dirk De Grave

SiKo279,

If this issue still remains, let us know what version of umbraco you're using and include a path for repro and add this issue to Codeplex so it doesn't get lost. Core team is not scanning this forum for bugs!

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jul 21, 2009 @ 12:12
    SiKo279

I don't have an empty umbraco install handy ... but this is what I think will reveal this situation:

Version: Umbraco_4.0.2.1

Installed: Faq module

Made: Document type: News and NewsItem with summary (RTE) and bodyText (RTE)

On user admin, content channel, name of channel: news, doc type: newsItem --> problem, properties show a mix of properties of faq and selected doc type (newsitem)

Also: in live writer I get a config error: the homepage property of the account to post news items changes to: http://local.cms.development:90/local.cms.development/security-tips.aspx --> obviously local.cms.development is specified twice and the posting does not work.

:(

Jul 21, 2009 @ 12:50
    SiKo279

Ok, I went the extra mile and here's a repro:

Install umbraco 4.0.2.1: make a Site in IIS7, set app to 'Classic .NET AppPool' and give Network Service Full Access rights to the directory where you install the site (e.g. c:\inetpub\localcmsdev).

Install the Runway Faq module (I used version 1.2).

Create  a document type called News and add Body Text (bodyText) as property (RTE)

Create a document type called NewsItem and add a Body Text (bodyText) and summary (summary) as properties (both RTE)

Now go to Users and select Administrator. Go to Content Channel, name the channel 'news' and change the Document Type to 'NewsItem'.

Hit save. Select Description field and notice that Body Text is not available, but the Answer (bodytext --> a property of the faq doc type) is!

Uninstalling the faq module restores the behavior to expected, but now the system only has News and NewsItem doc types ...

This feels like a bug.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 13:40
    Dirk De Grave

If this feels like a bug, report on Codeplex please and verify whether it hasn't been reported before.

TIA,

/Dirk

Jul 21, 2009 @ 14:23
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft