Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomaspark 5 posts 71 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 21:54
    Thomaspark

Unable to Delete Pages

Hi Guys,

Here's a good one for you! I have setup Umbraco on one of my Servers (Windows Server 2003 R2 x64) and I have used a SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup for the Database. For some reason I am unable to delete any pages, template or document types from Umbraco.

This may seam silly but do I have to change the permisions on the folders to allow deleting of content?

Regards

Tom

• Dimitris Tsoukakis 33 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 10:49
    Dimitris Tsoukakis

Hi Tom,

Go to the dashboard of the developers section and run the uGoLive tests. This way you will learn for sure if the permissions are OK.

If you don't see the uGoLive tab, install it using the Install Local Package utility.

I'm not sure if the problem with the deletion are the permissions of the folders but you can start with this. It's the easier initial step.

Good luck!

Dimitris

Apr 05, 2012 @ 11:37
    Thomaspark

Hi Dimitris,

How do I find or where can I download the uGoLive test?

I can't find them in the dashboard.

Apr 05, 2012 @ 11:43
    Thomaspark

Alos when I click on Stylesheets, and select say Main I get the following Message Generated by the Web Server;

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

And the message is continued. I don't know if this is something to do with the web server config or to do with Umbraco not installing correctly.

• Dimitris Tsoukakis 33 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 10:27
    Dimitris Tsoukakis

Hi Tom,

uGoLive is here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ugolive

Because your installation seems to be a mess, have a look in Fiddler. This may give you some information.

D.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft