Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Collin 42 posts 62 karma points
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:09
    Collin

Manage hostnames and currently set domains

I'm working on translating a site to multiple languages, and each language will be its own site and have its own domain.

I know how I need to configure this in Umbraco via "manage hostnames". However I don't have an idea of how I can see the currently configured hostnames/domains for this Umbraco install (4.5.2).

Where can I see this in the UI? Or is there a configuration file where this is stored? (I'm not talking about configuring domains in IIS, I want to figure out where Umbraco stores this)

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:35
    Mike Chambers

It's in the umbracoDomains table in the database....

SELECT  [id] ,[domainDefaultLanguage],[domainRootStructureID],[domainName] FROM [DATABASE].[dbo].[umbracoDomains]

Or you can create a usercontrol to iterate through them if you aren't able to access the database.

There are some methods in this namespace that may help... 

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain

Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:39
    Collin

I was hoping that I wouldn't need to go to the database or write a usercontrol (I don't have database access so I need to write a usercontrol).

Why isn't there support for this in the Umbraco UI?

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:44
    Stefan Kip

The currently configured hostnames for a node are in the same 'Manage hostnames' window: http://webmove.be/media/9276/manage-hostnames-2_500x423.jpg

If you'd like to see all configured hostnames, it will be a DB/usercontrol action, like Mike suggested

Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:46
    Collin

Ah thanks. For some reason another site never showed that information (while I knew there was a domain configured), hence I was asking about the UI support.

With this I should be able to find out how everything is configured and change the setting where needed.

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:54
    Mike Chambers

I wasn't sure if you were coming to a site completely unawares of it's structure... having to "right click">"manage hostnames" for every node to discover if it had a hostname etc... could become very tedious very quickly..... :-)

Apr 24, 2012 @ 13:11
    Collin

Well there are currently just 3 site nodes, so that's not really tedious. However, creating all the pages that I need for static text testing and macro testing is quite tedious. ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft