Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• All Blonde 86 posts 138 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:38
    All Blonde

How to stop CMS overwriting HTML in content?

Hey guys, does anybody know how to prevent CMS to overwrite changes in content?

I have content with some advanced HTML tags. FOr some reason CMS removing all div and other tags and leaves only small number of sections intact. Is there a settings somewhere to prevent CMS from interfiring with content?

Example like that:

<div class="relnw"><div class="relnt"><div class="relnb">
            <div class="inner">
                <h2>Related Links:</h2>
                <div class="awrap">
                    <a href="../campus-EMEA-analyst-associate-internships.aspx" title="Europe, Middle East and Africa analyst & associate internships &raquo;" style="letter-spacing: -0.1px;">
                    <b>Europe, Middle East and Africa analyst & associate internships&nbsp;&raquo;</b></a>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    </div>

after I save/publish article with this insert as HTML that is what it looks like:

<div class="relnw">
                <h2>Related Links:</h2>
                <div class="awrap">
                    <a href="../campus-EMEA-analyst-associate-internships.aspx" title="Europe, Middle East and Africa analyst & associate internships &raquo;" style="letter-spacing: -0.1px;">
                    <b>Europe, Middle East and Africa analyst & associate internships&nbsp;&raquo;</b></a>
                </div>
            </div>

Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:42
    All Blonde

Since all missing div is mandatory by CSS (all background set in CSS) -- posting is messed up completly.

I try to use something like a template for this insert but it does not make any sense since it is a single post...

Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:58
    All Blonde

Some additional info.

I tryed to update record directly in database for this particular entry.

It does updates but within 5 to 10 minutes it rolls back. I never see any CMS doing that, ever.

Table cmsContentXml, Is it linked to something or under somekind of version control?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft