Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• olst 69 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 16:01
    olst

Base paths giving weird error

I have deployed my site to a shared host. On local pc everything works A Okay, but on the host I cannot access any base url. It gives me the following error:

Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=4.1.51116.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

What's the cause of this ?

Apr 29, 2012 @ 13:48
    olst

Come'on umbracians! How can it be that no-one has seen this error before ?

Does Base use the AjaxControlToolkit ? Some help needed here !!!

Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:54
    olst

Actually, now I'm getting the following error when trying to load a base path such as "/Base/Autocomplete/GetKeywords/word":

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.restExtension..ctor(String extensionAlias, String methodName) +544
       umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.requestModule.httpApp_PostAcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) +712
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

• Tiago Teixeira 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 15:12
    Tiago Teixeira

Hello!

I got the same error while trying to pull some  JSON/SML out of umbracro via /Base class. Got exactly the same error,and the error was because my custom class.cs file was set as "Content" rather then "Compile" in the property pane.

After set it as compile all worked fine. Even if this wasn't your problem, at least it's very likely that someone land in this post as I did due to the same error message, so, if it doen't help you , it will certainly help out someone else.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft