Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anton 135 posts 186 karma points
    May 03, 2012 @ 14:35
    Anton

Dashboard question

Now I have many tabs in dashboard, how I can load only choosen tab, because now it is loading all tabs and it is very slowly

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 03, 2012 @ 14:51
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Anton,

The dashboard controls are managed by a configuration file, this can be edited to display the controls/tabs that you want.

The file can be found at: /config/Dashboard.config

Cheers, Lee.

May 03, 2012 @ 15:18
    Anton

Yes, but when I go to StartupDashboardSection, umbraco load two tabs GetAllOpenLots and GetAllClosedLots, I want to do such thing, when I click on tab   GetAllOpenLots it is load only this tab,  if I want to see last tab I must waiting when previous tabs are loading(for example I will have 10 tabs)

<section alias="StartupDashboardSection">

<access>

<deny>translator</deny>

</access>

<areas>

<area>content</area>

</areas>

<tab caption="GetAllOpenLots">

<control>/usercontrols/Table/GetAllOpenLots/All.ascx</control>

</tab>

<tab caption="GetAllClosedLots">

<control>/usercontrols/Table/GetAllClosedLots/All.ascx</control>

</tab>

</section>

May 03, 2012 @ 15:23
    Lee Kelleher

By default, all controls in the tabs (for the defined area/section), will load automatically - regardless of when you click to view them.

If one of your other tabs takes a long time to load, then that will delay all tabs.

You may want to look at modifying your UI, so that the data is loaded on-demand, e.g. with a button click?

I don't know of another way to delay the loading.

Cheers, Lee.

May 03, 2012 @ 15:49
    Anton

Thanks, I will modify my UI

• Muhammed A Salam 13 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 07:34
    Muhammed A Salam

Hi Lee,

Is there any other solution to load only one tab in umbraco 4.8.1 dashboard. Our site have 5 tabs and loading has become extremely slow. Modify the UI will not work for us since it is a live site. Is there any way to set rules in dashboard .config file.

Regards,

Salam

Sep 05, 2012 @ 18:12
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Salam,

Take a read over the Dashboard.config documentation - you might be able to use the <access> configuration?

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/dashboardconfig

Cheers, Lee.

• Muhammed A Salam 13 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 06, 2012 @ 07:18
    Muhammed A Salam

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. However it seems that <access> configuration is used to set permissions on sections, tabs and controls to grant or deny certain usertypes access. But my issue is same as that of Anton and it doesnt have nothing to do with setting access permissions . Is there any other option than modifying the UI for this issue as our dashboard is taking a lot of time for loading.

Many thanks

Salam

Sep 06, 2012 @ 12:42
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Salam,

Ah ok, thought you were after options/settings for the Dashboard.config itself.

In what way could the UI be modified to reduce the loading time? The dashboard controls are ASCX user-controls, so the page event lifecycle would execute when it is loaded in.

Did my solution for Anton not work for you? (Keep in mind that I have no idea what you are trying to do with the dashboard controls or how much data you are loading in)

Cheers, Lee

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Nov 06, 2012 @ 15:52
    Martin Lingstuyl

I'm having the same problem.

Right now I used Lee's solution. I added a button that when clicked adds the current DateTime to a session and then reloads the page.
    The usercontrol in the tab will load for 20minutes. But it's still a workaround.

Does anyone know how to do this with Javascript? Is it possible to discern when the tab is clicked on so that the loading can be initiated through AJAX?

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft