Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martijn Maris 37 posts 235 karma points MVP
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 18:35
    Martijn Maris

Custom macro parameters popup - TinyMCE

In TinyMCE you can add macro's by setting the 'use in editor' property. Within TinyMCE a popup will open to enter all the macro's parameters. So far so good. In most cases the different parameter types can do the job. But... In this case I need more advanced parameters.

The macro I like to add is a .NET UserControl that has its own page with configuration settings. I like to be able to load this configuration window when I select the macro in TinyMCE. So instead of opening the Umbraco popup with the Umbraco parameters I like to open my own popup or window.

Is it possible to do something like this?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jul 26, 2009 @ 09:17
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Martijn,

This is possible but you have to create a TinyMCE plugin and configure it donĀ“t know exactly how. One other thing that you might check is the IMacroGuiRendering interface , with that interface you can define your own Macro Parameter properties and then use the existing Umbraco Macro properties popup with your custom Macro Parameters.

Look at this thread for some detailed info

Hope it helps you,

Richard

• Martijn Maris 37 posts 235 karma points MVP
    Jul 26, 2009 @ 11:10
    Martijn Maris

Thanks for putting me into the right direction!

I think I will create a custom macro datatype which will show a hyperlink to the configuration page.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft