Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Crane 34 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 13:34
    James Crane

Changing culture

Hi,

I am formatting strings as currency and the currency symbol is US$, rather than UKĀ£. I did the following to change the culture:

1. Removed US a language under settings --> Languages

2. Changed web.config to include <globalization requestEncoding="UTF-8" responseEncoding="UTF-8" uiCulture="en" culture="en-GB"/>

However it's still formatting as US($). Looking at the debug screen I can see this is being set: 'default.aspx Culture changed to en-US'.

So, my question is how do I set my culture to be en-GB and what have I missed!

Thanks for any help.

JC

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12864 karma points MVP
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 13:43
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Best to set the language at the rootnode of your site. Right click on the node select Manage Hostnames, the domain name doesn;t have to be a real domain so you can simply say UK and select the Uk Language. That should work

Hope it helps you,

Richard

Jul 28, 2009 @ 15:27
    James Crane

Thanks Richard,

That sounds really helpful. Unfortunately I think me deleting US from the language options has caused a somewhat catastrohic in the content nodes - every one I click (including the manage hostnames box) now comes up with the following error: 

Value cannot be null.<br>Parameter name: value body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value]
       System.Web.Caching.CacheEntry..ctor(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependency, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemovedHandler, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, Boolean isPublic) +8840091
       System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoInsert(Boolean isPublic, String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemoveCallback, Boolean replace) +93
       System.Web.Caching.Cache.Add(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies, DateTime absoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemoveCallback) +81
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +250
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.language.Language..ctor(Int32 id) +223
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.initDomain(Int32 id) +179
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +218
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +114
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains() +152
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomainsById(Int32 nodeId) +40
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.updateLinks() +435
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +3329
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

I tried to re-add it but I suspect this is a key contraint that's now broken. Possibly looking like a db rollback.

Thanks

JC

Jul 28, 2009 @ 15:40
    James Crane

Update!

I went into the table 'umbracolanguage', and added en-US back manually setting the primary key to 1 (which I guessed was the original value) and the site/content tree sprang back into life.

I also implemented Richard's suggestion above and it worked a charm.

Thanks Richard.

JC

• Martin Langrock 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 11, 2009 @ 13:05
    Martin Langrock

Hi there,

I had the same problem, that I got this error, when trying to enter the Content section. Then I went to the documents as suggested in this post. I saw, that each document could not enter the masterpages folder. I added the aspnet user to the security settings. After having done these settings, there were some errors in my masterpages, solved them and then I could see my document settings and the Content pages. Everything works fine.

Hope this will help someone who is facing the same problem.

Best, Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft