Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Kelley 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 15:21
    Matthew Kelley

TinyMCE not loading when editing Document Type in Umbraco 4.5.2

So I have an issue I've been dealing with all week and am at my wits end trying to resolve it and am hoping someone from here might be able to help.

I recently installed Umbraco 4.5.2 on Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6) with .NET 3.5 and SQl Server 2005 and everything was working fine for about a week. Now a strange issue has cropped up related to TinyMCE:

If I have a Document Type that has a Rich Text Editor (TinyMCE) section, it doesn't load. The space is empty (so no text area, no editing icons, etc). I've double-checked all the server settings, folder permissions, etc. I've even gone as far as to completely wipe out the installation and start from scratch. This happens whether I'm in FireFox (10), IE 8/9, or Chrome.

One thing I did notice while viewing the web console in FireFox is that every request comes from the correct path except tinyMCE. In other words, the path it is trying to pull from is "http://myservername/umbraco/tinymce" instead of "http://www.mydomain.com/umbraco/tinymce" - so it seems like tinyMCE is refering to the server's name as the address instead of the actual live domain name.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 19:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

When this happens I usually check 2 things.

1: Permission setting
    2: If the files exist on the disk

I think that in your case it could be number 2 that would be worth checking - does the tinymce files exist on the disk?

/Jan 

Jun 22, 2012 @ 20:41
    Matthew Kelley

Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked again to make sure and yes, all the permissions seem correct on all folders/subfolders (I've given Network Service full access to everything) and all the tinymce files/folders exist on the drive. Still no luck... I really think it has to do with umbraco using the servername to find the tinymce files instead of using the domain name.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 13:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

Hmm, have you setup the domain name in both the IIS site and in the "manage hostnames" on the root node in Umbraco?

Not sure if that could be the issue but I think it's worth checking.

/Jan

Jun 25, 2012 @ 18:33
    Matthew Kelley

Jan,

I gave that a try but still no luck, unfortunatly.

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 22:20
    Carlos

Have you tried deleting and making a new Property in the document type with a new RTE?  Or have  you tried making it a different type of property (textstring, textbox multiple) to see if it is an issue with the RTE or the property specifically.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft