Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 81 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 20:34
    Mike

Lame photogallery issue

Seems like a tiny issue that's causing me great headache, I thought I would post in the forum to help stimulate ideas to see what is possibly the culprit.

so the lightbox is not working for me when I click on the image from the gallery. 

The XSLT is untouched and the files are being called in the xslt file as they should be

I checked some tools and they are showing up and I am not getting any 404 errors

I went through my templates and checked to see if I had any possible conflicts. Removed all other file calls to make sure

I moved the file calls to the templates all by themselves to see if that would help

I went and compared a fresh template with my site to see if I could spot any differences. Nothing stood out.

Here are the files from the XSLT 

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterJavaScriptFile('jQuery', 'http://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js')"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterJavaScriptFile('jQueryLightbox', '/scripts/jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js')"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterJavaScriptFile('runwayGallery', '/scripts/runway.gallery.js')"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterStyleSheetFile('jQueryLightboxCss', '/css/jQueryLightbox.css')"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterStyleSheetFile('StarterkitGallery', '/css/StarterkitGallery.css')"/>

any thougths would be much appreciated! 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 05:06
    Tom Fulton

Hi Mike,

Have you confirmed if the JS/CSS that you are registering via XSLT are actually getting included or not?

IIRC the RegisterJavascript/Stylesheet calls require your template to have a <head runat="server"> to work properly.

If you've confirmed they're getting called, can you provide some more details on exactly what the problem is?  Are you initiating thelightbox plugin somewhere?

-Tom

• Mike 81 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 17:58
    Mike

Hey Tom thanks for the assist. Yeah I verified the files are getting included. One I use a program called HTTP watch, two I see them in the source and three I removed the css from the XSLT and checked that the css disappeared to make sure I wasn't seeing it being overwritten somewhere else and played around with stuff like that. 

I verified that I do have a runat="server" in the head tag. 

For the more details part. I am using the standard starterkit photogallery that umbraco offers. the only thing I did was move it to a submaster page. I was having issues in a prior post where I could not even get the images to show up which turned out I just needed to republish and they started showing up, so not sure if maybe something else odd is happening. But it does seem like a file is not getting called. I also thought maybe I have another overwriting it somewhere but I stripped out anything after it. All CSS etc.to test that theory

Correct source Code

<head id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_head"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /><title>

Washington 2010 - Be Still Retreat

</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/site.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/Navigation.css" />

<!--Scripts-->

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/jqueryslidemenu.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/musicplayer.js"></script>

<link href="/rss.aspx" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed" /><link href="/commentrss.aspx" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Comments RSS Feed" /><link href="/photogallery/washington-2010/commentrss.aspx" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Comments RSS Feed for Washington 2010" /><script id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_jQuery" type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script><script id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_jQueryLightbox" type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js"></script><script id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_runwayGallery" type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/runway.gallery.js"></script><link id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_jQueryLightboxCss" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/jQueryLightbox.css"></link><link id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_StarterkitGallery" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/StarterkitGallery.css"></link><script id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_jquery.placeholder.js" type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit_Green/jquery.placeholder.js"></script><script id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_Designit_Green.js" type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit_Green/Designit_Green.js"></script></head>

<body>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft