Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arnim Anhut 137 posts 148 karma points
    Aug 02, 2009 @ 14:13
    Arnim Anhut

How to: Newsletter on V4?

Hello all together,

it about time to spam my members on V4. Running V3 it was that plain simple, I loved the SimpleMailer. However, V4 lacks this perfect solution.

How can I create and send a Newsletter to all members of a specific group? Is there some third party software? Is there an integrated solution? How are you sending out your newsletter?

Looking forward for any clue or solution,

Arnim.

• Simon Justesen 436 posts 203 karma points
    Aug 02, 2009 @ 17:07
    Simon Justesen

Tim Geyssens has made a newsletter module for V4. Judging from the screenshots you can target a specific usergroup
    http://www.nibble.be/?p=63

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 03, 2009 @ 02:44
    Peter Gregory

Tims MailEngine module is cool.  Just you need to be aware it does not handle large numbers of recipients very well (4500 is what i tried.)

He has also released the source code on his blog if you want to make changes to it.

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 02, 2012 @ 16:45
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

I know that this question is quite old but I wanted to share a link to my newsletter package, Newsletter Studio:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/newsletter-studio

• Mohankumar.S 12 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 02, 2013 @ 06:21
    Mohankumar.S

Hi,

Myself, I am using Umbraco version 4.7.1.1 and

I need to configure NewsLetter Studio in umbraco 4.7.1.1.

can you help me.

Mar 02, 2013 @ 06:27
    Mohankumar.S

Hi,

If I configure that NewsLetter studio with umbraco 4.7.1.1 then following error is coming,

that is,1. IDataType control matching DataEditorID 'GuID' in controls collection.

2. colud not resolve a data type with id 'GuID'.

3. The file '/NewsLetter/umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx' does not exit.

can you give me solutions to solve above problems.

Mar 02, 2013 @ 15:48
    Markus Johansson

Hi Mohankumar!

As I said when you e-mailed me about this issues:

1. Has something to do with a data type

2. Some as above.

3. Probably becuse the files is not there. Are the files in the folder? If not, they where not copied there during the installation of the package. If the package was installed but not the dlls and files that would explain the errors you meantion in 1 & 2 since these classes don't exsist if the NewsletterStudio.dll is not there.

Please send me the stacktrace from the errors and verify that all the files are copied to the "/umbraco/newlsetterstudio/"-folder.

Mar 04, 2013 @ 07:32
    Mohankumar.S

Hi markus,

The following files have in my newsletter system. its inside umbraco 4.7.1.1 version.

NewsLetter=>Umbraco=>1. images

2. newsletterstudio=>1. Bin=>3 DLL's, 1. NewsletterStudio.dll, 2. PackageActionsContrib.dll and 3.Umbraco.Licensing.dll

2. css =>css

3. images=>images

4. JS => 1 js file

5. Pages => contains 11 files and plugins folder.

6. templates=> 3 html doc files

7. tracking => 3 files

8. usercontrols  => 4 files 1. CreateNewsletter.ascx, 2. CreateSubscription.ascx, 3.Dashboard.ascx, 4. installer.ascx

9. web.config file

I dont know how to stacktrace error notification in umbraco level.

can you tell me the solution.

Thanks and regards

Mohankumar.S

Mar 04, 2013 @ 07:49
    Markus Johansson

Are you running the site in a virtual directory or a sub directory?

The path in your error is wrong: "'/NewsLetter/umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx"  should be "/umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx". The error is not from Newsletter Studio its from the Umbraco package install process.

You will have to try running the site from the root folder.

Mar 04, 2013 @ 12:27
    Mohankumar.S

Hi Markus,
                              We are configuring in root directory path all time.

Error Msg 1: This error is coming only first time install Newsletter Studio Package.

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId b52aecb2-4990-41f9-bac3-d5aac1764f25 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId b52aecb2-4990-41f9-bac3-d5aac1764f25 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.] umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +295 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.Import(XmlNode xmlData) +404 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +160 umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +179 umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +390 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Error Msg 2: second time onwards following error is coming,

=>  /umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx' does not exist.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx' does not exist.] System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +9922052 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +475 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +103 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +102 umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +474 umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +390 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Thanks and Regards,

Mohankumar.S

Mar 04, 2013 @ 15:20
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Now the error looks different, does the file "Installer.ascx" exsist in that folder? '/umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx' ?

Mar 04, 2013 @ 15:36
    Mohankumar.S

Hi,

Installer.ascx file is located in /umbraco/newsletterstudio/usercontrols/installer.ascx path.

Mar 04, 2013 @ 15:38
    Markus Johansson

And your installations says it canĀ“t find it? But its there?

Mar 04, 2013 @ 15:38
    Mohankumar.S

Yes, Any machine configuration is not supported [like Operating System,...]

Windows -7 32 bit.

Dot net 2010(4.0)

Umbraco 4.7.1.1

Mar 04, 2013 @ 18:02
    Markus Johansson

When do you get this error? During install i guess?

Can I get acces to the server via RDP to help you?

Mar 05, 2013 @ 08:46
    Mohankumar.S

Hi Markus,

Today our Boss sent server details to you regarding NewsLetter studio package installation through mail.

Mar 05, 2013 @ 09:47
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Thank you, I've fixed the issue and it was due to the fact that you where running the Umbraco installation in a virtuall directory. This should work but when the package installer (which is a part of the umbraco core) tries to find the installation-usercontrol (in my the Newsletter Studio case installer.ascx). I just created a new web site in the root and installed the package without any problems.

I guess it would be possible to move the web site back to be a in a virtuall directory. Let me know if you have any other questions!

=D

// Markus

Mar 05, 2013 @ 12:01
    Mohankumar.S

Hi Markus,

Thank you, Its working fine when we run browser under the same system [localhost/umbracoNewsLetter].

But run in globally it can not work[100.100.100.1/umbracoNewsLetter or sitename/umbracoNewsLetter].

Thanks and Regards,

Mohankumar.S.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft