Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 09:27
    Phillip Ng

Setting up load-balanced environments

Hi guys. I've spent the last couple of days trying to set-up load-balanced environments and am not getting anywhere. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Admin box

Load balancer 1
    Load Balancer 2
    These are virtual servers, on the same network. Our problem isthat content changes we are making on the admin box are reflected on the admin front-end, but not on the LB front-ends. I just saw this post about forceProtocol but it isn't helping (we are using 4.7.1.1). Also, razor scripts are erroring out on the LB servers.
    Based on some forum posts, we have tried testing access the cacherefresher.asmx page for the LB servers from the admin box. Using the IPs e.g. 10.77.1.52/umbraco/webservices/cachrefresher.asmx we are able to hit the cacherefresher for all three, but our distributed calls in umbracoSettings are pointing to the domain DNS, not IP. Additionally, the umbraco.config file of the admin site isn't updating with the published content, but we can see the content change on the front-end.
    From the wiki to set-up Umbraco for LB servers, we have created a TEMP virtual directory. On all three servers, I've even given Network Service Full Control to wwwroot. Files from the admin box have been copied -- save for a folder and files per the instructional video -- and sent over to the LB servers. Not sure what else we could be missing. I feel like I've shortened my lifespan by a couple of years troubleshooting and stressing about this. Thanks in advance again!
    Phil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft