Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 95 posts 115 karma points
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 16:19
    Lee

Course enrollment

Hi all

I was just wondering whether someone would like to offer some advice on a couple of things that I am going to have produce and whether any suggestions could be made on whether there any existing plugins(?) available at the moment.

So the first one is that I need to create an online course enrollment area, so basically you can enroll on a course and pay for it there and then, I'm guessing a commerce plugin should do it, but are there any suggestions on which?

The second element is a file upload component, where the user can upload a file and the receiver gets a notification that there is a file waiting for them.

Unfortunately the file is going to be somewhere in the region of 15–20mb because it will be an Xray, again any suggestions on this?

Any advice would be greatfully received!!

Thanks

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 19:43
    Dan

Hi Lee,

For e-commerce, assuming you want something more integrated than a PayPal buy now button or other third-party plug-in, then there are three common Umbraco-specific options: TeaCommerce, uCommerce and uWebshop.  All of these three options should do what you require, providing a fully integrated Umbraco back-office to manage orders etc, but they each have their own feature-set, pricing structure, payment gateway integrations etc.  The details for each are on their respecitve websites (linked above).

Regarding image-upload, this shouldn't be too difficult.  Pretty much anything you can put into a standard .NET usercontrol you can integrate quite easily into Umbraco.  Have a look at the Umbraco TV episode on using .NET usercontrols if you're new to Umbraco and not sure how to do this.  I'm sure there'd be a lot of people ready and able to answer any questions you have on this specifically.

I hope this helps - at least pointing you in the right direction :)

• Lee 95 posts 115 karma points
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 10:43
    Lee

Super job Dan

I'll look into those, thanks very much!

Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft