Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 20:41
    Ernst Utvik

Eksponent CropUp: crops not updating on save.

I'm using CropUp in the media section of a site Im developing on localhost on Umbraco 4.7.2. Got it kind of working but there seems to be some problems when changing the crops and saving. I basically need to recycle the app pool for the changes to show on the site. Sometimes changes to the crops doesn't show at all, even after app-pool recycle.

Am I missing something obvious? 

Also: A forum in the project page at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/eksponent-cropup/ would be nice..

• Martin Sørensen 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 15, 2012 @ 15:51
    Martin Sørensen

I'm experiencing the same problem on a freshly installed Umbraco 4.8 solution. Did you ever solve the problem?

Aug 15, 2012 @ 16:02
    Ernst Utvik

Still no solution I'm afraid. I guess a dirty hack would be to add an event that pokes (saves) the Eksponent.CropUp.config file whenever a media item gets saved.

• Niels Kühnel 16 posts 726 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 13:03
    Niels Kühnel

It is/was a bug. I think I fixed it in the 1.0β4 i just uploaded at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/eksponent-cropup.

The browser may also be caching images so you need to do a Ctrl+Shift+R to reload the image.

Please let me knowif it fixed the problem. Thanks.

Aug 16, 2012 @ 13:11
    Martin Sørensen

Thanks for the quick reply Niels. One question; is it sufficient to replace certain dll's or do I need to uninstall and install the new version?

Aug 16, 2012 @ 14:26
    Martin Sørensen

Went ahead and replaced all the files - it works like a charm :-)

Aug 16, 2012 @ 20:03
    Ernst Utvik

Did a quick test and it worked like a charm. Thank you for the fast reply/fix!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft