Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sascha 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 05, 2012 @ 00:39
    Sascha

Conditional :)

Hy Umbraco Friends :)

Short Intro:

Im totaly new to Umbraco (after 3 Attempts last night) i gettin Umbraco workin :).

Im also through Master Template, and Inheriting it :).

What i try to do with Umbraco ? Making my Homepage "easier" for changes.

www.team-redline.at (is fully handcoded), so any change to it would be a work of a few days :) now i want to help myself a little bit out :).

MY QUESTION

I´ve created some Propertys in a Tab for a Document Type. So the funny part is, how can i make a condition "If the properties" are filled, put it into the html output, else dont show this "for example div container, image" etc..

´@Gebrüder Weiss we are working with Open Text (REDDOT) - its a pain, but it has conditional Tags. Is this possible to do in a simply and reusable way in Umbraco ?

Big thanks to all of you, and hopefully, i understand fast what im doin, so i can start to develop some great runway modules :)

Nice greets from Austria

Sasa

• Richard Brookes 34 posts 57 karma points
    Aug 05, 2012 @ 10:25
    Richard Brookes

Hi Sasa,

When you drop a page value (property) onto a template you have some formating options such as a fallback value (perhaps another property or just a literal value). Also the option to put some markup before or after the value. But if you want to use conditional logic you are likely going to need to create a macro to handle this.

Depending on your preference you would create a macro based on either XSLT or Razor. So you can simply use conditional logic such as if statements to test for a particular value or lack of one and put whatever html markup is appropriate in there.

I hope this helps a little

• Sascha 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 05, 2012 @ 13:27
    Sascha

Thanks for the reply Richard :)

I´ve seen some macros and how i can access properties :).

Workin arround with it but big thanks for leading me to the way :) !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft