Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete Koutoulas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 05, 2009 @ 21:25
    Pete Koutoulas

Problem with pasting text to RTE in 4.0.2

One of my users just recently noticed that since the upgrade to 4.0.2 from 4.0, they no longer get the paste clean dialog when pasting rich texh or html. This is causing some nasty code to get injected into our pages. How can I turn the option back on to enable the clean plain text paste?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 05, 2009 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

I think that there are almost always some bugginess about the "paste from word" dialog. In my experience it has never been working 100% reliable.

An alternative is to educate your users to first copy the text into notepad and then copy from there into the rich text area. I reckon that this is not the most ideal solution around but I think it's the most reliable no matter what RTE one is using. I know that this can be cumbersome and it also depends how many of users you would have to teach doing this instead and of course on their skill level.

/Jan

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Aug 05, 2009 @ 21:45
    Douglas Robar

I haven't done extensive testing, but I have noticed two general trends when pasting...

1. You get a somewhat different experience and amount of 'cleaning' when using the Paste toolbar icon than when using ctrl-v on the keyboard

2. If what you're pasting is invalid markup you'll get more options for cleaning than if is valid but ugly markup. In other words, the worse the item being pasted the more likely you'll get the option to clean it.

cheers,
    doug.

• Pete Koutoulas 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 13:39
    Pete Koutoulas

Yeah, I like to use notepad to clean up my copying and pasting but I don't like that as a solution for the average user. Thanks to both of you for the responses.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 22:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

There IS still the "Paste from Word" button available in the RTE right? Left of the styles dropdown. Does that help?

If it's not there, check if in Developer > Data Types > Richtext Editor to see if the "Paste from Word" button is checked on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft