Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pancheri Damien 16 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 08, 2012 @ 13:31
    Pancheri Damien

Content item pickers (treepicker) are empty!

Hi,

I added some content from a staging patform to our production platform.
    After published the new contents, all the content pickers were empty. No more possibility to select content nodes in these fields.
    The new items were only umbraco items. Files already exist on the target server, permissions didn't change on the FS.

I tried to restore the previous content, emptied my cache, ctrl+f5 ... but nothing changed ... umbraco still failed with loading the content pickers!

It already happend one month ago but the contect pickers came back to normal after 10-15 minutes without any specific interaction from me!

This is happening on our production server ... otherwise, it wouldn't be fun :-/

Is anyone already had this kind of issue? How do I solve it?

I'm using umbraco 4.7.2 on both production and staging platform.

Thank you in advance.

Aug 08, 2012 @ 13:46
    Pancheri Damien

Chrome tells me this:

1. POST ***.com/umbraco/plugins/uComponents/MultiNodePicker/CustomTreeService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData 500 (Internal Server Error) DependencyHandler.axd:2
    1. POST ***.com/umbraco/plugins/uComponents/MultiNodePicker/CustomTreeService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData 500 (Internal Server Error) DependencyHandler.axd:2

Aug 08, 2012 @ 16:28
    Pancheri Damien

I déleted the directory app/TEMP and everything came back to normal ...

Could someone explain why this is happening ? 

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 03, 2013 @ 18:34

Happens to me, but only on postback.  Which exact directory did you delete?

• Chris Halcrow 20 posts 39 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 07:04
    Chris Halcrow

Looks like a cacheing thing.  I fixed this by incrementing “nn” for clientDependency version="nn" in this file:

o   Umbraco root folder\config\ClientDependency.config

• ashima461 2 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 13:32
    ashima461

I had this kind of issue, but our developer smartly solved this problem

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 04:23
    Funka!

I see this from time to time still, even on 4.11.8 and 6.1.1.

I typically logout, clear my browser cache, then restart the app pool.  It usually works again when I come back.  It feels like for me, this happens shortly after installing a package (any package) or maybe right after creating the MNTP Data Type for the first time. I haven't yet narrowed down exact steps to reproduce this problem.

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Sep 10, 2013 @ 20:09
    Funka!

Hmmm, my MNTP's stopped working again today. I had almost forgotten I wrote about this same problem a few months ago, and sure enough today it happened after installing a new package. (Which itself created a new data type or two.)

Restarting the App Pool through IIS seems to be the key. I wish my memory were better so I could have saved myself a bit of time wondering what was going on and troubleshooting all over again, only to remember this is "expected behavior"...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft