Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petri Tuononen 17 posts 37 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 13:11
    Petri Tuononen

Content root not accessible

My configuration:
    I have created a content tree in Umbraco Content section (see picture). I have configured public access for certain member groups for all pages except the root node under Content. Root node is also login page for all pages. All pages have view access for anonymous users. I have configured several hostnames for root.
    My problem is that I can't even access the root page, because I get the exception below. Umbraco somehow thinks I need to login before viewing my login page.
    I get the following exception:
    [HttpException (0x80004005): You must login to view this resource.]
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.Mvc.ActionFilters.PublicAccessAuthorizeAttribute.OnAuthorization(AuthorizationContext filterContext) +715
    Those red disabled symbols (not sure about the meaning) are shown for every page.
    For some reason this does not happen in development environment but only in production. In development environment root node does not have red disabled symbol.
    I would be grateful for any help.
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 20:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petri

You don't want to have "public access" set on your login page, which I think is the issue here. Right click the login page and choose "Public access" and then remove it from this particular node.

Now you should be able to access the login page and enter the needed credentials.

Hope this helps

/Jan

Aug 12, 2012 @ 20:40
    Petri Tuononen

I have not selected anything on "Member GroupsMember Groups". This is quite strange problem. Maybe it has not been saved correctly to Hive or something.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 12, 2012 @ 21:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petri

It's not where you should look either :) In the screendump you have posted all the nodes visible have the "restricted" access icon. I bet one of these nodes are supposed to act as the login page (but since the nodenames have been marked in black I can't tell) and on this particular page the should not be any restriction since people should be allowed to access this page in order to login.

Perhaps it's the root node that has the login form? Above you write that the root node does not have the restricted icon on your production environment. Try removing it by removing protection on the root node.

Hive is a concept related to Umbraco v5, which is discontinued and has nothing to do with Umbraco v4 and future versions of Umbraco.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Aug 24, 2012 @ 10:07
    Petri Tuononen

I solved it by creating a new node (adding host names) and moving child nodes in it. Still not sure what caused it. Probably some bug in Umbraco v5 (database corruption?).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft