Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 13:43
    Kim Andersen

Server error when uploading an image through RTE

Hi there folks

I'm on a v4.8.0 and getting a strange server error when trying to upload a new image through the "Insert/Edit image"-function in a richtext editor.

The following server error occours:

Server Error in '/' Application.

StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex]
       System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) +6571909
       umbraco.controls.Images.UploadMediaImage.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +802
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Have anyone else seen this error or knows why it occours, or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance :)

/Kim A

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

I just tried uploading both .png and .jpg images using the insert dialog in the RTE on 4.8.1 and had no issues.

Could you provide a bit information about the image you're trying to upload? Does it contain some weird characters? Is it 300 DPI, CMYK or some other weirdness? If not maybe the solution is to upgrade to 4.8.1?

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 20:47
    Kim Andersen

Thanks for your answer Jan.

Nope, there's no weird stuff going on with the images that I tried uploading. It's plain and best practice web images just as we like them.

Anyone else able to reproduce this problem on a 4.8.0?

/Kim A

• Sune Kjærgård 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 20, 2012 @ 11:47
    Sune Kjærgård

I'm seeing this on 4.8.0 when trying to upload through the media library, however on another computer, same browser, i don't get the error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft