Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 15:30
    Arjan H.

Question about TinyMCE Styles dropdown in Umbraco 4.9.0

I've created an editor.css and added a couple of stylesheet properties, .e.g.:

Name: Paragraph
    Alias: p
    Styles: <empty>

Name: Header 2
    Alias: h2
    Styles: <empty>

I've linked the editor.css to the Richtext editor datatype and enabled the Styles dropdown. Everything is working as expected so far, I'm able to apply styles to selected text. In older versions of Umbraco (v4.7.0 for example) the Styles dropdown would automatically show which style is applied to a text, if any. So if I selected a piece of text with h2 applied, the Styles dropdown would show "Header 2".

This doesn't seem to work in v4.9.0:

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Can this be fixed, or was this functionality altered on purpose?

Sep 19, 2012 @ 16:11
    Arjan H.

I've just installed clean copies of Umbraco 4.8.1 and 4.9.0 with one of the Starter Kits. The issue described above is there too. So it's either a bug, or it was changed on purpose. The functionality works fine in Umbraco 4.7.0, 4.7.1 and 4.7.2, haven't checked 4.8.0 though.

I would really like to get this functionality working again in 4.9.0, so if anyone has any tips...

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 17:38
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I just checked a fresh install and got the same results in IE and Chrome.  Seems like it might be a bug to me.  I would suggest you report the issue on the issue tracker.  Make sure to post the link back here so anyone else who runs into it can vote.

There were a lot of TinyMCE upgrades/cleanups happening in 4.8.1 so I'm assuming its something to do with that, hopefully an easy fix.

Thanks,
    Tom 

• Bruce Clark 56 posts 80 karma points
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 07:40
    Bruce Clark

Yeah I'm also seeing this in 4.8.1. 

You can vote up this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-659 — it also has a fix, replacing line 38 in 

umbraco_client\tinymce3\plugins\umbracocss\editor_plugin_src.js

with the following

var el = tinymce.DOM.getParent(n, ed.dom.isBlock); 
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 10:22
    Arjan H.

Thanks Bruce, this fixed the issue for me. I voted up the issue on YouTrack.

• Bruce Clark 56 posts 80 karma points
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 10:28
    Bruce Clark

Awesome glad to hear it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft