Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Steel 8 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 15:52
    Jamie Steel

Imbedding youtube video

Hi guys

Firstly I have been trying to get some simple code for hours to help me inbed a video into Umbraco. Don't have much of a programming background so inserting custom imbedders like this (http://www.nibble.be/?p=36) went way over my head. The media section won't allow me to upload video at all and the installers don't have read me files so i'm unsure how to install them.

Would greatly appreciate any help with code or otherwise in imbedding some video.

Jamie

• Nab 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 20:08
    Nab

This is the answer to your problem http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/utube

Although Jamie, no offence but if you dont have a programming background and are finding it difficult to embed youtube videos, you will not be able to do much with umbraco unfortunately. I have a pretty solid background with years of experience of software development and I still find a few things difficult.

hope this helps. 

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 23:00
    Funka!

Umbraco 4.9.0 now ships with "embedded media"; you just need to make sure this button is showing in your richtext editor and then clicking it should open a very easy-to-use dialog for inserting youtube videos. For older umbraco installations, there are many different packages to choose from to help with this.  Good luck!

• Nab 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 23:03
    Nab

hmm...interesting info Funka. I have been out of touch with new umbraco versions because have been working on highly customized version lately. However the package I mentioned is not bad either, although inbuilt solution is obviously better. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft