Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nab 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 20:24
    Nab

Organizing Content

Hi all

Heres the thing, I am working on a website which will have at least 30-60 articles published per month. I am using uBlogsy which I think is brilliant. Ublogsy categorizes content by date, month and year however ideally I would want to organize content according to the content categories itself eg.

If I have three articles 'Posture to reduce Back Pain', 'benefits of olive oil', 'Vitamin D and depression' I would for example organize these like these 

1) Health -> Pain -> Pain Reduction -> Posture to reduce Back pain

2) Health -> Foods -> Oils -> Benefits of Olive Oil

3) Health -> Vitamins -> Vitamin D -> Vit D and Depression OR Health -> Depression -> Causes -> Vit D and Depression

However ublogsy is not the problem, I can easily modify it and even add the categories myself from the developer backend. The problem is I want a mixture of both, I obviously want the categories to be in a way as above as 1,2,3 (even multiple categories as in 3) however I at the same time I like the concept of categorizing it by Month/Year which basically makes it easier for editors to retrieve old content and modify it in case a need arises or even just for archiving, What would your recommendations be as to how to organize the content in the content tree? Even people who dont know about blogsy can help telling how they do it on just a normal umbraco installation. Thanks.

At my current job we publish tennis articles at rate of probably thousands per month, but we have modified the umbraco source a lot so we have our own search function for articles and thus dont need to categorize it at all. So I am at a loss of what to do now with the above problem. 

Thanks,

Nab

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft