Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hunter 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 02, 2012 @ 22:08
    Hunter

New to Umbraco, but concerned about member (front-end) input.

Hello, I have actually used Drupal for the past 2 years but I am getting sick of it. I started learning ASP.NET, C# and VS10/12. I decided I needed  a CMS that works with ASP.NET so I chose Umbraco. I have been reading the Umbraco User's Guide and I am deeply impressed at how easy it is to use Umbraco. Especially, after using Drupal which is one of the most popular CMS's out there.

It seems like Umbraco lets you customize the backend (the user end) with no problem.

It seems like Umbraco lacks in member input through forms.

Lets say I wanted to build a very simple ticketing system with Umbraco. This would involve each member filling out a ticket that would be submitted to the database so that users can view the ticket from the backend and reply.

Am I correct about this being a weakness with Umbraco unless Contour is purchased? Are there any workarounds? I am going to guess creating my own .NET User Control forms is the best route if not using Countour.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions or any open-source form packages other then contour.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 06:31
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi,

From my experience working with Members Area and Contour everything works perfectly.

Now to get back tou you well i used contour a lot whenever i have a members area such as when implementing intranets or any other type of project. You can either make a usercontrol of your own or use contour. But for me using Contour is also a way of contributing to the community and all the hard work being, and to be honest the package is not that expensive when you think of all the features such as being able to create multiple forms, exporting xls etc etc.

//fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft