Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Mørup 297 posts 326 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 09:14
    Mikael Mørup

IE8 and Richtext editor

Whenever i open a page in umbraco (4.0.2,1) in IE8, and try to edit a property that uses the RTE, most of the buttons in the RTE toolbar are missing.

If i switch to one of the other tabs, or click the save button, the missing buttons appear, but sometimes very slowly.

I tried to ad the site to the Tools -> compatibility view settings box, but that doesent seem to solve the problem.

Does anybody have a cure for this problem ?

Thanks
    Mikael

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 10:30
    dandrayne

Strange - I get the above problem in IE6 (using a clean xp sp3 install in a vpc image), but not in IE8...

• Bart de Jonge 29 posts 51 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:35
    Bart de Jonge

Hi Mikael

I know there is a problem with the RTE when you use special characters like a space or an underscore in the alias of your property.
    If so just change the alias.

Cheers Bart 

Aug 13, 2009 @ 15:37
    Mikael Mørup

Thanks, but i have no special chars. in my property names, and the problem only happens in IE8 (for me), not in IE7 or FF.

Aug 13, 2009 @ 15:42
    Mikael Mørup

Could it be a Java related problem ?

Mikael

• Iain Smallwood 8 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 12:07
    Iain Smallwood

I have got this in IE6 and it has driven me mad.

• Iain Smallwood 8 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 16:25
    Iain Smallwood

FWIW when using IE6 I found that not having the TinyMCE on the first tab solved the issue. A bit of a bind where you only have content blocks but at least it allows editing to proceed. I hope this mght help the OP!

cheers,

Iain

• Jared 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 06:38
    Jared

I had same problem:

When I clicked into the editing field the TInyMCS icons for text formatting dissapeared. When I clicked 'save' they return. This happened in both Firefox and IE.

No Special characters

The Editable field was on the second tab so Iain's suggestion didn't work for me.

Bart's suggestion worked - I had spaces in the alias name. I took these out and it no longer disappears.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft