Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Trevor Daniel 7 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 17, 2012 @ 17:07
    Trevor Daniel

Enable Rich Text Editor?

Hello,

New to umbraco so apologies.

A friend has setup an umbraco site for me and left me to play with it for a while.

He has created a page and I can add content to a section within the page but it's just a standard text box so I cannot add any formatting.

Do I need to do something to enable the rich text editor?

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Thanks

Trev

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 17, 2012 @ 17:50
    Tom Fulton

Hi Trev,

The fields you see are controlled by the settings of that particular Document Type.  To adjust those, you can goto Settings -> Document Types.  After clicking on a specific document type, click the Generic Properties tab to see which properties make up that document type.  From there you could add a new one using the Datatype "Richtext Editor", or change your existing Text box field to this.

For more info on how this works, you might want to check out some of the free umbraco.tv videos here: http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/introduction-to-umbraco.aspx

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

Oct 17, 2012 @ 18:13
    Trevor Daniel

Hi, thanks, found that option and changed it.

I then went back to the page and added some extra content and tried to publish the page and now I get this error:

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$prop_hTML="<p>TaxiRoute is a Ta...").

I only changed what you said.

Trev

Oct 19, 2012 @ 17:58
    Tom Fulton

Hi Trevor,

That's strange, are you trying to enter HTML into a non-Richtext field or is that the content you entered into the RTE?  This error can happen if you try to enter HTML into a textbox, for example.

-Tom

Oct 21, 2012 @ 13:15
    Trevor Daniel

i simply typed some test and hit "save and publish"...

some more information though.. not sure if it's relevant...

I am developing this with anther person and we work remotely. the database for umbraco is sitting on an azure database and the code is local to our machines using TFS.

could that be anything to do with the problem possiby?

trev

Oct 23, 2012 @ 06:51
    Tom Fulton

Hi trev,

I don't think that should be an issue, it sounds more like the webserver than the database.

Are you using the stock Umbraco web.config?  In particular I think this line could affect things - it should be as listed below

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" /> 

HTH,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft