Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 15:07
    Thomas Kahn

User Administrator gets wrong start node in content tree and I can't fix it?

Hi!

I have a problem with the start node in the content tree for the user "Administrator". Instead of starting in the root content folder ("Content") this user starts in the first page/node on the site ("Start"). The result is that when logged in as Administrator I can't see the "Content" node or the Recycle Bin.

Here's what it looks like in the content tree:

So the first thing I do is check the user info. And here I can clearly see that the user has the wrong start node in the content tree:

But if I try to change "Start Node in Content" I can't select "Content". The highest level node I can select is the first page on the site ("Start").

Looking through different posts here on the forum, I was directed to the database table umbracoUser. Looking at that table I can see that the startStructureID of the user Administrator is wrong:

It has a value of 1060 which is the ID of the first page on my site ("Start"). So I change this manually in the database table, setting it to -1. This should (in theory) make the user Administrator get "Content" as the start node in the content node tree. But here's the wierd thing: NOTHING HAPPENS! When I log in as admin, I still get node 1060 as my start node in content. It doesn't matter if I log out/in again.

This problem seems to be isolated to the user Administrator. I can create a new test user and assign the Content node as its start node. When log in with my test user I get the Content node and the Recycle Bin.

How do I fix this issue with the Administrator user?
    Are there any other database tables I should be looking at?
    Is the Administrator user special in any way?
    Could the content tree start node be stored somewhere else? Is there a default value somewhere that could have been compromised?

Some background info:
    This is an Umbraco 4.7.1 site that was first updated to 4.8.1 and then to 4.9. But this problem was present already in the 4.7.1 version so I don't think that this problem has been caused by the upgrade. 

The site has Umbraco Contour 1.1.13.2 and uComponents 5.0.0 installed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft