Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Katie 25 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 13:15
    Katie

Is it possible to use the umbracoUrlAlias in TinyMce Links instead of the Niceurl?

I have created a website and I am setting the umbracoUrlAlias on all my pages for SEO. These are displaying perfectly throughout the navigation.

I also am allowing my client to add in links to internal pages using TinyMce Richtext editor, but this uses the niceurl and not the umbracourlalias.

I looked at changing some of the code in InsertLink.aspx to accommodate this, but I am new to umbraco and I am not sure where to start?

Thanks

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 13:25
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Katie - welcome to the forum!

Just curious: What are you solving using umbracoUrlAlias? Are you using it to change the "natural" (based on the structure in Umbraco) URLs generated by NiceUrl() ?

Do you use canonical links to make sure there's no risk of duplicates being indexed? If so, wouldn't they be enough to make sure the NiceUrl() version doesn't get indexed?

Only thing I can think of (besides editing InsertLink.aspx) would be something like using this method to change the URLs to use umbracoUrlAlias instead (which may be a little hard-core :-)

/Chriztian

• Katie 25 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 14:16
    Katie

Thank you for your reply.

I am using umbracoUrlAlias as I wanted to create SEO friendly URL's, and they were slightly different to the niceurl generated ones.

I am using canonical links but, would rather fix the problem than rely on the canonical link.

I have had a look at the article you refer to for transforming the text with XSLT, and this may work, I will give it a go, but it still feels a litte botched!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft