Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Aug 18, 2009 @ 01:05
    Evan Jardine

Problem moving site from staging to live

Hey Guys

Having a really strange problem at the moment, here are the details...

• Umbraco Version: 4.0.2.1
    • ASP.NET 2.0, Server 2003
    • MSSQL Express 2005

Late last week I added a new section to our site on the the staging server.  Everything is fine on staging but when it is moved over to the live server, the new section of the site comes up as a blank page with no content.  All other sections are working.

The live site and db get updated ovenight via some SyncBack profiles and batch files, which all seem to be running without any errors.

I have tried stopping and starting the AppPool, Site, related services and removed the umbraco.config file on the live site.

I'm going to try a full manual update next.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Evan

Aug 18, 2009 @ 02:50
    Evan Jardine

A full manual update of the files and db, still has the new section of the site displaying as a blank white page.

http://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/publications/media-releases.aspx (blank)

Aug 18, 2009 @ 04:48
    Evan Jardine

I've been digging around and the stack trace on the live server is giving me the following error;

Master template is the same as the current template. It would course an endless loop!

The stack trace is fine on the staging server.  I just don't get why this is happening on one server and not the other.

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Aug 18, 2009 @ 09:05
    SiKo279

Did you copy all the changed files from staging to production?

There is this article that might help as well: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/fix-odd-publishing-problems

HTH

Aug 19, 2009 @ 01:40
    Evan Jardine

Both sites are an exact replica, files and db.

I have tried all of the suggestions in the link our.umbraco.org/.../fix-odd-publishing-problems with no results.

I am using an ADmembersip provider for back office users (staging) with no access to the back office on the live site. This morning I tried reverting the user provider to the original settings and logging in to the live site with the admin user and doing a full re-publish. This made all of the new content dissapear and the whole site reverted back to content from about 1 month ago.

Evan

Aug 20, 2009 @ 05:12
    Evan Jardine

Well somehow I've fixed the problem by removing all of the new content, following some of the instructions here;

our.umbraco.org/.../fix-odd-publishing-problems

and deleting and re-creating the db on the live server.

Evan

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 11:54
    SiKo279

great you solved it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft