Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• WestLifeUmbraco 39 posts 70 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 19:15
    WestLifeUmbraco

How can I embed YouTube video into Umbraco

I want to embed my videos hosted on YouTube, and be able to change width and height of videos, probably more, ideally using Razor.

Could anyone please suggest on this?

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 20:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pingpong

What version of Umbraco are you using?

As of 4.10 of Umbraco it's been made really easy to insert stuff like youtube videoes using the rich text editor, since a bunch of the nice community members fixed a bug that caused the "embed third party media" button not to work as expected. But it's been fixed now - So now you should be able to simply copy the url of the video and paste it into the dialogue and have it inserted.

However if you're running an earlier version of Umbraco you could easily create a macro with the parameters "width", "height" and "src" in order to make it possible to insert the iframe using Razor yourself.

Hope this helps - looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

Nov 02, 2012 @ 20:38
    WestLifeUmbraco

I tried to add Umbraco version earlier, but it kept returning error.

I use Umbraco 4.9.

The problem is that I want to automate it, e.g. I want to creat one node for one video, and one page that displays all videos, which must be done programmatically.

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 00:02
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 01:10
    WestLifeUmbraco

Correct me if I am wrong. The package is free, but the API key for Embed.ly is not.

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 23:18
    Matt Bliss

Sorry wrong package: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/oembed-macro-easy-embed-youtube,-flickr,-vimeo-etc (Did a quick search and didn't check the results properly)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft