Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 16:51
    Matt Smith

Deleting, overwriting and managing media

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have searched the forums for a similar question, but cannot find one. However, if I have missed it the admins can feel free to point me in that direction and close or delete this one.

We are looking at Umbraco as a possible replacement of our CMS for a relatively large website and have some questions/issues with the way umbraco handles media.

In my testing it seems like if a content page links to a media document, and then that media document is deleted or overwritten, the link does not update accordingly, is that correct?

Also, are there any addons that provide more advanced media handling? I have looked but couldn't see any.

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

Regards,

Matt 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2012 @ 12:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt and welcome to our :)

I asume that  you're linking the image from either a media picker or from the rich text editor? Then yes it's correct that there currently is no logoic that removes the link if the linked image is deleted.

What options are you thinking about? I will at any time recommend you have a look at DAMP here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/digibiz-advanced-media-picker and also CropUp http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/eksponent-cropup

Hope this helps.

If you have any further questions please let us know :)

/Jan

• Kevin Lawrence 183 posts 350 karma points
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 13:33
    Kevin Lawrence

Hi Jan

Jst out of interest, how much effort, if possible, would it be to extend Umbraco to remove linked items after a Media item has been deleted?

Thanks

Kev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft