Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Brown 39 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:08
    Paul Brown

Can Umbraco allow users to list items for sale (car sales)

...for example like autotrader.co.uk?

How do you think this would be possible if at all to allow a user to register and configure one or more items for sale including a photo gallery for each sale?

Thanks Paul

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul and welcome to our :)

That's quite a big question you're asking there - but the short answer is yes.

It's all up to you how you implement your website in Umbraco there are no limitations as such.

Do you have some Umbraco experience from previously or do you have experience with other CMS? And what is your background? Are you a frontend developer or backend developer?

One you've installed Umbraco all you have is an empty shell where it's up to yourself to figure out what document types you need and what how the backoffice UI should be build so it's easy for editors to fullfill their tasks etc.

So are there any specific details you want to know more about since I realize this is a very broad answer?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Paul Brown 39 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:31
    Paul Brown

Hi Jan

Thanks for reply. I am a MVC developer with limited time. I was going to build a bespoke backend cms for this and also a front end website but then I thought maybe this time I would have a look and see if i could do this with Umbraco as I always wanted to have a good look at it.

I was thinking I could setup a document type that would allow the "car" to be configured and the allow registered used access to confirgure it?

Cheers

• Echilon 29 posts 49 karma points
    Feb 24, 2013 @ 11:56
    Echilon

I'd be interested in this. I was thinking of pitching to a car dealership which currently uses static HTML. If you actually have a definite client in mind, I'd be happy to develop the site and do the grunt work to prove the concept. Not really looking for payment for it.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 24, 2013 @ 23:03
    Charles Afford

I would be happy to get invovled as well if you need some help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft