Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Katherine Moss 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 03:18
    Katherine Moss

Certain UI links seem not to be clickable when using the keyboard versus the mouse for navigation

Hello all,I have seen this issue before sometimes when viewing the backend administration pannel for different content management systems, and it too seems to happen with umbraco as well.  What happens is that I will be viewing a section of the site, for instance, the developer section, and certain links will not be clickable.  I use the keyboard instead of the mouse for navigation since I am blind and cannot see the screen, therefore, I require text-to-speech output.  This issue does not seem to be because of screen readers being present on the computer however, because in most scenarios, the enter key can also act as a double click mechanism to anyone.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  If this is true, and it does require the mouse to click on these certain links, then this is unfortunate and should be looked into due to the fact that blind people especially will never be able to get a site up and running without sighted assistance.  The links that I seem to have trouble clicking on are the ones for the developer section especially under that: packages, cached browser, script files, and all of them under that menu.  Thanks for any input.  I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 if that matters with IIS 7.5 and SQL server Compact 4.0 with the latest version of Umbraco having been installed manually. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft