Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tatiana Vassilieva 18 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 00:02
    Tatiana Vassilieva

In-built search in Content and Media sections - Can I edit it?

I want the Media Images to be searchable by keyword from within umbraco. The current 'search' box at the top left is pretty much useless and the gallery 'filter' works only by node name; are those sections editable/specified somewhere in the umbraco code? Using v4.9.1

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 17:06
    Asif Malik

Hi Tatiana, i cant say i have ever tried to do this, but take a look at the ExamineIndex.config file in the config folder, you should be able to edit the internal index set to include the fields you want ... but as i said i have never tried this and dont know what might happen

• Tatiana Vassilieva 18 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 01:33
    Tatiana Vassilieva

Tried to add Media indexing using the config:
    <IndexUserFields>
            <add Name="imageMetadata" />
    </IndexUserFields>
    <IncludeNodeTypes>
            <add Name="Image" />
    </IncludeNodeTypes>

Nothing seems to be happening...

Sure I can easily create a search with the External indexer on a page node, but I need the Media searcher inside Umbraco to be effective :(
    Say if I try to add another Indexer specifically for Media; where would I look in the Umbraco code to link it to the Media search box?

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 09:55
    Asif Malik

Hi Tatiana, are you sure that the index has been rebuilt ? you can check this by opening the index files in Luke http://www.getopt.org/luke/. This will let you nkow if the new field you have added has actually been added to the index. If it has then the problem will be with the actual search function ie it is not searching userindexed fields. I havent really played with the backoffice search functions so am unsure as to how they are wired up to the index

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 17:58
    Jeroen Breuer

You cold also replace the search with a custom search. For example with Simple Search.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft