Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 03:58
    Pasang Tamang

Error while saving content node

Hello all,

Since few days I am disturbed by an error. That was working solution before. When I press save and publish button to publish content in administration I am getting the following error.

Not all the time, sometimes it will disappear itself. To make search functions with wild characters I made changes in examine setting config file. Is these error because of changing the config file?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

PTamang

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 08:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pasang

What version of Umbraco are you using? Since 4.10 there has unfortunately been a bug in Umbraco causing the above issue. It's been fixed in the latest release of v4, which is 4.11.4.

Therefore I suggest you do an upgrade to this version.

Please note that it's also important that you run the "path fixup" script by installing this package and running the script from the installed dashboard. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/path-fixup - Before doing so remember to make a backup of the database!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Feb 06, 2013 @ 10:47
    Pasang Tamang

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using 4.11.3.x version. I setup the path-fixup package and try to fix the problem but unable to fix. I think something goes wrong with packages too because in the dashboard it says "Once this operation is complete it will save a report at the location ~/App_Data/TEMP/FixPaths/report.txt " but there is no any folder with the name FixPaths. Any suggestion would be great.

Kind Regards

PTamang

• Matthias 87 posts 173 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:19
    Matthias

Hi Passang,

first of all you should upgrade to 4.11.4. Otherwise the underlying error is not fixed. After that you should run the package utility again to clean up the database.

What do you see on the dashboard after running the package? The word "Fixing" or "Complete"?

Matthias

Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:42
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Matthias,

Nothing changes from entire message. The dashboard page behaves like of reloading and remains same message and Fix button.

• Matthias 87 posts 173 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:51
    Matthias

Do you get a confirm popup message after hitting the Fix button?

Depending on your project size it can take quite a while to finish, but you see the word "Fixing" in a box in the meanwhile...

Feb 06, 2013 @ 13:14
    Pasang Tamang

Nothing happens in the current version let me try by upgrading to 4.11.4

Thanks

Kind Regards

PTamang

Feb 06, 2013 @ 13:40
    Pasang Tamang

Thanks Jan and Matthias. After upgrading to 4.11.4 version the problem is fixed.

Kind Regards

PTamang

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft