Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alec Rust 11 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 15:44
    Alec Rust

Changing default image output to include "caption"

For each image within my /Media folder you can add a "Caption" value.

However when writing an article and inserting this image from the /Media folder the caption isn't included as well.

Do I need to mofidy the default way images are output from this "Insert picture" feature to allow the caption to be output as well?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alec

How do you render the chosen image now?

You need to fecth the caption property from your image. So please post some code - it will be much easier to guide you then :)

/Jan

Feb 06, 2013 @ 22:38
    Alec Rust

The image is output by the native Umbraco "Insert picture" feature found in the WYSIWYG editor. If this output was handled by a scripting file I could add in a call to the "caption" field.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 13:18
    Jeroen Breuer

It might be better to output the picture with XSLT or Razor. Than you can read all the properties of the media item and show the caption.

Jeroen

Feb 07, 2013 @ 13:38
    Alec Rust

Is there a way I can hook this WYSIWYG editor feature in to a Razor scripting file? How would I go about modifying the behaviour of this "Insert picture" feature?

Many thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 13:42
    Jeroen Breuer

You could try to change the html of the RichTextEditor in Razor with the Html Agility Pack. Something like this: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/20810-Embed-image-in-email#comment78715

Jeroen

Feb 07, 2013 @ 15:19
    Alec Rust

Thanks for that. So there's no way to intercept the default "Insert picture" feature to be output by a Razor scripting file that I can control instead? Any more information you can provide on your proposed solution would be appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft