Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Jensen 29 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 17:53
    Michael Jensen

sub site trubbel.

Hey iam new to umbraco but i maget to get a site onlone to use as my portfolio in the education a webintegrator at Mediacollege i Aalborg "danmark"

My problem is that a sites dosent show.

A bit info on wat server iam on.

I have my own 2008 R2 webserver running iis 7.0 whit MSSQl 2008 R2 lates SP i made a site 

umbraco.the-testcenter.dk this is woorkin 100 % great whit umbraco 6.0.

i have made a folder in the root name Projekt in the a Hoved and a DragAndDrop forler to holde the Drag And drop projekt.  stuktur is this Umbraco.the-testcenter.dk\Projekter\Hoved\DragAndDrop i have put the drag and drop websit in that folder the folder DragAndDrop is made apps  but i get a error when loading IT  as you can se her.

http://umbraco.the-testcenter.dk/Projekter/Hoved/DragAndDrop

i have made a site more but not loadet a umbraco on to it and on that site the Drag And Drop projekt works 100 % graet link http://test.the-testcenter.dk/Projekter/Hoved/DragAndDrop/

The filer that is in the Drag And Drop projekt is the same file i both folders and exsagt copy

I think my problem is the way umbraco works whit the mimbership so waht du i need to do the that i can have sites in folders lik that.

Beat regards

Michael.

Ps sorry if my english is not my best but speak it better then i wiret it

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 18:40
    Tom Fulton

Hi Michael,

If I understand correctly, you have a non-Umbraco site or directory that you want to run alongside your Umbraco site?

If so, you'll want to add the URL to the web.config in the umbracoReservedPaths key - just add ~/Projekter/ or ~/Projekter/Hoved/DragAndDrop

If this doesn't work, you should try disabling customErrors so you can get the "real" error message that is occuring.  To do this, change the customErrors mode in your web.config file to "Off".

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:08
    Michael Jensen

yes i do want the umbraco.the-testcenter.dk/.../DragAndDrop site to be a site for it selv.

is it som like theis i need to Ad ?

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/Projekt" />

Thear is allrady one like this 

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/" />

/ Michael

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:10
    Tom Fulton

Yes, that should do the trick.  Make sure to keep the default Umbraco ones there too, so:

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/Projekt" />

If that doesn't work, there might be one more thing we need to do.  If you still get an error, try turning off customErrors so we can see what the real problem is.

-Tom

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:20
    Michael Jensen

Thanks Tom that dit the Job nowe i only have tubbel whit that it dos not act like a app folder i have to add /Projekt/Hoved/DragAndDrop this to get my files like the master page i have iin the site and that give me problems to get hold of my data acess layr and so on..

but it dit solv the first problem

/Michael

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:23
    Tom Fulton

Hmm, not sure I understand what the new problem is.  Can you elaborate?  I wonder if you should set this directory up as an Application in IIS

Feb 06, 2013 @ 19:34
    Michael Jensen

directory is set  up as an Application in IIS.

this is the site http://umbraco.the-testcenter.dk/Projekt/Hoved/DragAndDrop/ as you can se it can finde the object datasours.

is shout look lige this http://test.the-testcenter.dk/Projekter/Hoved/DragAndDrop/

As you can se on images the Drag And Drop site is a intiere site of it own whit its own web config ware it conect to MSSQL database and i have a DataSet ware i have my tabel adobters that get data and the error i get right knowe on the site is becores it cant load the 4 Quotes that loade in the top banner.

/Michael

Feb 08, 2013 @ 18:48
    Tom Fulton

Hi Michael,

Did you get this figured out?  Just looking at your links but they seem to be down

-Tom

Feb 10, 2013 @ 14:18
    Michael Jensen

Hey Tom

no havnt solv the problem and yes thaet is a server problem right nove.. a hard drive faild to start this thusday morning ang the raid backup is tryning to solv problem but not lokking good i du have manual backup but i need the 2 nye 2 TB trives to arvive from wnstern digital.

i vill bump this problem when i ger server back online.

/Michael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft