Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mr A 216 posts 278 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 14:35
    Mr A

Add background image to paragraph in rich text editor

Hi , 

I have spent hours to think how to get this thing working without any success , what i want to add background image to selected paragraph , i can do that using style dropdown in rich text editor but i want to extend that image dynamically when the selected paragraph text extend . this can be done using 3 divs like :

<div id="top"></div>
    <div id="center"><p></p></div>
    <div id="bottom"></div>

but the issue is i cant do that using rich text editor , and i want to give that ability to front end user who can just select the paragaraph and set the styling from dropdown in order to show the background image to that paragraph on the website , i have included the background image just for guidance , can any one provide any assistance or suggestions on how to get this thing working , bg image:

Thanks

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 16:53
    gary

Hi Mr A

check background-image property in css3 / html 5, couple of additions, ie background-image: cover, setting width to 100% and height to auto should get you somewhere in the direction you need. (and make it responsive into the bargin)

Either that or consider z-index on the single centre div and stack them. You should be able to achieve this with just css.

Hope it gives you a point in the right direction

G

• Mr A 216 posts 278 karma points
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 08:54
    Mr A

the issue is ie 8 doesnt support this functionality

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft