Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 20:08
    Anthony Candaele

searchengine sitemap for multilingual website

Hi,

I need some advice on the usage of a searchengine sitemap for a multilingual website.

My multilingual structure consists of two websites: an Israelic website and a Japanese website.

The Israelic website has three language versions: Hebrew, English and Arabice

The Japanes website has two language versions: Japanese and English.

In the Umbraco Backoffice, this looks like this:

I want to add a searchengine sitemap to my website. For this I use the excellent package Cultiv Search Engine Sitemap

Now my question is this: Should I add a searchengine sitemap for every language version of the website, or does it suffice to only add one searchengine sitemap that list all of the content of all the language versions?

Thanks for your advice
    Anthony

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 20:29
    Simon steed

Lets try again - ipad post failed :(

It depends upon wether you have multiple domains associated with each language or one domain with sub folders for the languages

If multiple domains, i'd recommend one sitemap per domain, however if all under the same domain, one will suffice

If you are targetting say the Japanese on it's own for their own search engines, it's wise to have that excluded from the main sitemap and have an individual one for that language

hope that helps?

Si

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 20:32
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Simon,

Yes this helps :)

For the Israelic website I use the domain: www.energypartner.co.il

The Japanese website is a subdomain of the previous domain: www.jp.energypartner.co.il

So I guess I can use one searchengine sitemap.

Thanks,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft