Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 19:52
    Sébastien Richer

Using "seperate" membership with multiple sites on one instance

Hello,

I'm using Umbraco's membership on this installation I have and it's a multiple site setup. So I have on my root content nodes 5-6 websites that are pretty similar but for different clients. Now those websites use the membership.

I got things working like I want but I have a couple of issues and I was wondering about how and if I can use Asp.Net's "application" and / or "application name" to make this run smoother. For example, right now, a username is only allowed on one site.

I setup a MemberGroup for each of my websites and I assign them to the members as they are created. Then, my login page (every site has one), will check when a user log's in if he is allowed in this site (basically if that user has the membergroup for this site).

What would be the "proper" way to do this? Can we use the application name?

I've come accross this post, it has some hints to what I'm talking about, but I'd like to hear more about this.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/7186-Integrating-ASPNET-Membership

Thanks for the help!

• Geoffry Brown 6 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 19:34
    Geoffry Brown

Hey,

I am guessing if you want multiple domain (application) you would have to replace the umbraco membership provider.  Is the membership section wired into the specific umbraco tables or does it connect through the provider.  Wondering this because if you chnage providers thst whole section becomes useless and you will have to roll your own membership admin also.

Any feedback would be awesome, or if not I guess we will hit the source code, just wanted to know if anyone has done a real world seperate client membership based sites with umbraco.  

Geoff

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft