Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 19:46
    Tom C

Problem with Rich Text Editor and Inserting Images

When i click on 'Insert Picture' in a Rich Text Editor, the box that comes up displays a server error ... (see below)

This is using Umbraco 6.0.0 and 6.0.2

I wonder if I have maybe changed one of the pre-installed settings under Data-Types to do with images which would cause it to happen?  Is there anything this depends upon?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mar 09, 2013 @ 19:47
    Tom C

Sorry it would not let me post the error as part of the message, so I am going to try again here

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\18c93782\4fd6b626\App_Web_uploadmediaimage.ascx.c3c18f9f.sdnbdoar.0.cs    Line: 

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() +242
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.<GetByDataTypeId>b__0(DataTypeDefinition x) +6
       System.Linq.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext() +49
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetByDataTypeId(Guid DataTypeId) +257
       umbraco.controls.Images.UploadMediaImage..ctor() +70
       ASP.umbraco_controls_images_uploadmediaimage_ascx..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\18c93782\4fd6b626\App_Web_uploadmediaimage.ascx.c3c18f9f.sdnbdoar.0.cs:0
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.__BuildControlMediaUploader() in e:\HostingSpaces\tjc\www.foodfortheflock.org\wwwroot\Umbraco\Plugins\Tinymce3\insertImage.aspx:187
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.__BuildControlpane_upload() in e:\HostingSpaces\tjc\www.foodfortheflock.org\wwwroot\Umbraco\Plugins\Tinymce3\insertImage.aspx:186
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.__BuildControlForm1() in e:\HostingSpaces\tjc\www.foodfortheflock.org\wwwroot\Umbraco\Plugins\Tinymce3\insertImage.aspx:150
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.__BuildControlTree(umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx __ctrl) in e:\HostingSpaces\tjc\www.foodfortheflock.org\wwwroot\Umbraco\Plugins\Tinymce3\insertImage.aspx:1
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\18c93782\4fd6b626\App_Web_insertimage.aspx.43b758d9.zne16lbf.0.cs:0
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +48
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\18c93782\4fd6b626\App_Web_insertimage.aspx.43b758d9.zne16lbf.0.cs:0
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18010

• Priyank Gupta 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 13:31
    Priyank Gupta

Do we have any solution of this type of problem? I am also getting the same issue, 

Please help

• Paul Aikman 43 posts 97 karma points
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 11:02
    Paul Aikman

Do you have uComponents installed? Installing the latest version appeared to fix the issue for me.

Mar 26, 2013 @ 14:26
    Tom C

Thank-you for your response; unfortunately it did not fix it for me.

I have a  'Multiple Media Picker'  data type which is brokem. It gives an error

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() +242

on the data type screen. I am wondering if this is the root of my problem, though maybe it is unrelated.

Thanks

Tom

Mar 26, 2013 @ 14:36
    Paul Aikman

Just trying to think what else I did:

- Cleared my temporary ASP.Net folder out (the folder mentioned in your stack trace).

- I was using TFS, which had locked my packages and umbraco config folder causing the uComponents install to fail. I checked these out of version control for edit, which fixed the issue (made them writeable).

- Re-compiled my app in Visual Studio.

- Published all in Umbraco.

Mar 26, 2013 @ 18:14
    Tom C

Thanks.

I seem to have got it working again; I had 3 data types which were evidently corrupted, I deleted these and re-saved the RichTextEditor data type and suddenly it was right!

Thanks for your help.

Tom

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 09, 2013 @ 09:41
    MrFlo

Hello,

Same for me it was the data type "Form Picker" from I think courrier.

It might help some people.

MrFlo

Apr 15, 2013 @ 17:50
    Paul Aikman

Just had this happen to me again for a different site... and have found this thread again!

Solution this time was as the other guys - looked through my Data Types and find/deleted any corrupt ones (e.g. those that show an error when I clicked them in the developer section). This solved the issue.

Cheers,

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft