Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joao 53 posts 172 karma points
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 20:20
    Joao

Problem with typekit and Umbraco

Hello.I don't know if this is the appropriate sub-forum for this question so forgive me if I placed it wrong. Now the problem.I'm using a typekit font with my Umbraco website but it does not seem to work. When I contacted the Typsekit support I was told that the problem should be in this section of the code above my Doctype declaration:<form method="post" action="/" id="canvas">< div class="aspNetHidden">< input type="hidden" name="VIEWSTATE" id="VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUENTM4MWRkYy+nh51OMbQPVudSbzzPNJpkn7EjL9odawRxZmy9ZwM=" />< /div><!DOCTYPE html>At first I thought it was the canvas mode that was enabled but turning it off did not solve the problem. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you for your time.

Mar 10, 2013 @ 20:27
    Joao

Ok something really bad happen with my previous post so I will post again:

Hello.I don't know if this is the appropriate sub-forum for this question so forgive me if I placed it wrong. Now the problem.I'm using a typekit font with my Umbraco website but it does not seem to work. When I contacted the Typsekit support I was told that the problem should be in this section of the code above my Doctype declaration:

<form method="post" action="/" id="canvas">
    < div class="aspNetHidden">
    < input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUENTM4MWRkYy+nh51OMbQPVudSbzzPNJpkn7EjL9odawRxZmy9ZwM=" />
    < /div>
    <!DOCTYPE html>

At first I thought it was the canvas mode that was enabled but turning it off did not solve the problem. I also edited a property in the UmbracoSettigns file to "true" but it did not work as intended:

<viewstateMoverModule enable = "true" />

Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you for your time.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 20:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Joao

The above code look weird since the form, that's inserted before the doctype declaration is not closed properly (I don't even want to consider why it's placed where it is!)...

But what does the whole source code of the rendered page look like? Where are you calling the javascript for the typekit font? And do you see any 404 errors or javascript error in the browser console of the browser?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 22:29
    Rich Green

Hi,

Create a new template called 'blank', leave it empty, then go to your site and add this to any url  ?alttemplate=blank

You should see an empty page, likewise if you view source.

Let us know what you see.

Rich

Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:15
    Joao

Jan:

The form tag is closed later in the master page, I didn't show all of the source for convinience purposes. I'll paste now the source:

<form method="post" action="/" id="canvas">
    <div class="aspNetHidden">
    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUENTM4MWRkYy+nh51OMbQPVudSbzzPNJpkn7EjL9odawRxZmy9ZwM=" />
    </div>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <!-- Dreamweaver -->
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <link href="/css/boilerplate.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="/css/FluidGridLayout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/style.css">
    <script src="/scripts/respond.min.js"></script>
    <!-- -------------->
    <!-- Fonts -------------------------------------------------->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    (function() {
    var config = {
    kitId: 'low6bjj',
    scriptTimeout: 3000
    };
    var h=document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0];h.className+=" wf-loading";var t=setTimeout(function(){h.className=h.className.replace(/(\s|^)wf-loading(\s|$)/g," ");h.className+=" wf-inactive"},config.scriptTimeout);var tk=document.createElement("script"),d=false;tk.src='//use.typekit.net/'+config.kitId+'.js';tk.type="text/javascript";tk.async="true";tk.onload=tk.onreadystatechange=function(){var a=this.readyState;if(d||a&&a!="complete"&&a!="loaded")return;d=true;clearTimeout(t);try{Typekit.load(config)}catch(b){}};var s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(tk,s)
    })();
    </script>

<!-- -------------------------------------------------------->

<title>Eläintieto</title>
    </head>

<body>
    <div class="gridContainer clearfix">
    <div id="Header">
    <!-- this is the main navigation menu -->
    <ul><li><a href="/">Home</a></li><li><a href="/species.aspx">Species</a></li><li><a href="/wellbeing.aspx">Wellbeing</a></li><li><a href="/society.aspx">Society</a></li><li><a href="/blog.aspx">Blog</a></li><li><a href="/about-us-contact.aspx">About us &amp; Contact</a></li></ul>
    </div>

<!-- These are the types of pages that will be displaying, only one at a time. -->
    <div id="Main">

</div>
    <!-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- -->
    <div id="Footer"><p>This is the footer</p></div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    </form>

You can see there where the typsescript is being called. In chrome's javascript console I get no erro when I load the page. Also no errors on the browser. The pages works fine except for the font. 

Rich:

I created the template called blank and I left it empty.

When I aff that to the home page URL i get this error:

I'm probably not doing it correctly :/

Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:18
    Rich Green

What's the error you get when you turn off custom errors as described in the error message?

Rich

Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:40
    Joao

Here it is:

Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:59
    Rich Green

Just have your blank template as this :

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:23
    Joao

No error now. I just get a blank page and the source is empty as well.

Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:27
    Rich Green

Hey,

Ok, it seems that something in your teamplates is adding the issues,I would back up your templates and start removing code and see where the error is.

Rich

Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:40
    Joao

Removed the form that was around the whole page and now it's working. But this means that i wont be able to use live editing. Anyway, thank you  for the help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft