Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Patton 21 posts 51 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 17:01
    Eric Patton

Date Picker - won't publish due to incorrect format

I've got a doc type that uses the date picker control, and when I go to publish the page after setting a value, it throws the "you need to fix something" error and states that the date in the date picker is not in the correct format. We upgraded this site from an existing 4.0.2.1 installation from a long time ago (because the client had so much data in it) and haven't had any issues for a few months. I guess we never needed to change any dates after the upgrade until now, so we didn't even notice this issue until today.

I'm assuming that it might possibly be using an older version of the control? I would have thought the upgrade process would have taken care of that, but maybe I need to manually replace that control with a newer version. Does anyone have any ideas?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 17:49
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Eric,

I haven't checked how the date-time data-types work, but I know there are two available, one for date and another for date/time. Could it be that the date/time one is being used and not having a time set is causing the issue?

If it's not that... then double check if you have any regular expression validation set at the doc-type property?

Cheers, Lee.

• Eric Patton 21 posts 51 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 17:52
    Eric Patton

Hahaha wow... I almost don't want to admit this, but in my haste to create the doctype, I actually placed the description for the field into the validation box.

Thanks Lee :)

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 17:55
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Eric,

No worries at all, we've all done it ;-)  Glad that it's sorted.

Good thing is that if someone has a similar issue, hopefully they'll find this topic/post.

Cheers, Lee.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 18:13
    Tom Fulton

Do you by chance have something filled out in the "Validation" field for this property?  If so I think you can just delete that as the DatePicker (should?) handle validation itself

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft